Thursday, March 5, 2015

When songbirds sing.


My favorite season is songbird season. 
I also like when it is warm, but songbirds are usually singing then so it is basically the same.

There needs to be an explanation for the last few posts. If I was writing a book you could consider this the Preface. And it starts with sin.

Sin. /sin/ noun. an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. 

I am a Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe that God is a loving Heavenly Father who gave us bodies so that we could experience life on earth and make righteous choices so that we may return to live with Him again. In order to do that though we have to be clean. We are fallen, mortal beings who sin every day, but with the sacrifice of our Savior we can receive forgiveness and be cleansed IF we repent.

"Repentance is more than simply acknowledging wrongdoings. 
It is a change of mind and heart.
It includes turning away from sin and turning to God for forgiveness.
It is motivated by love for God and the sincere desire to obey His commandments."

God loves His children. That includes me. I had this epiphany one afternoon:

I am mocking God when I mock, hate, mistreat, criticize my body. 
A gift that was so lovingly given to me.

Since being diagnosed with depression this last summer I have looked for patterns or triggers in my behavior that send me into an episode. I recognized one of my greatest triggers it long before I admitted it. My obsession with appearance- my body's lack of perfection. 

Writing has become my therapeutic-repentant-change of mind and heart process to overcome this problem. It has been hard to relive all of these feelings. I have received lots of encouraging thoughts, which I am grateful for. I also hope that in someway others can use what I have written to benefit them or someone they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment